dcTrack includes the Rules Builder for the Models Library, which allows Administrators to define and manage rules for models. Based on requirements provided by users, Sunbird Technical Support will provide a rule that is uploaded into the application. You can also download prebuilt rules from the Addons site here. The rule is evaluated and applied whenever an item of a designated make and model is created or updated.
The Rules Builder is located in the Settings tab, so you must have access to the Settings tab as an Administrator to import a rule.
To import a rule, first download the rule file, save it to your computer, and unzip the file to a location on your computer. Then, import the rule by following the instructions below:
- In dcTrack, click the Settings tab > Models Library.
- In the Models Library, click the Rules button.
- The Manage Rules dialog will display, with rules listed in the left panel and rule details available in the right panel. Click the Upload button at the bottom of the dialog.
- In the resulting file selection dialog, select the rule file provided by Sunbird Technical Support or download from the Addons site and click the Open button. (Note: Rules are provided as .zip files. You must unzip the file. The file you should upload will have a .modrule extension and be named with the rule name.)
This example uses the Update_PDU_Connector rule available for download from the Addons site here.
- The Manage Rules dialog will automatically populate with the details of the new rule in the right Rule Details panel. At this point, you can modify the Rule Name if desired. (Note: The rule will not appear in the Rules List in the left panel until after the rule has been saved.)
- Click the Save button to save the rule and complete the import process.
Once saved, the newly saved rule will appear in the Rules List, and the Saved button will be grayed out and inaccessible.
The rule can now be applied to models. For more information, see the Smart Models section in the dcTrack online help.